All your FAQs about Deadline answered.
Q: What are the different services available at Deadline?
A: We offer five different services. Direct UK, Overnight, Worldwide, Europe Direct and refrigerated.
- Our UK direct service provides direct, same day delivery to anywhere in the UK. Once collected, our driver will drive straight to the delivery point.
- The Overnight service is the economical service ideal for less urgent shipments, collection from your door for delivery anywhere in the UK the following day, you decide the delivery time.
- Worldwide service provides first-rate deliveries to all major worldwide destinations, with expert agents available for advice on shipping and customs procedures for individual countries.
- Our Europe Direct service offers competitive deliveries direct to the continent, with our own drivers and fleet of vehicles. This service is often cheaper that airfreight and consolidated road freight prices.
- The Refrigerated service provides rapid response for your perishable deliveries. Dual frozen and chilled compartments from ambient to -25. Ideal for frozen, chilled and fresh food, pharmaceuticals, medical and healthcare goods.
Q: What is the difference between regular postal service and courier service?
A: The main difference would be the bespoke options available when using a courier service. Regular postal services tend to offer generic delivery solutions, which is ideal for some deliveries but for businesses who send regular shipments, a personal service is often more suitable. At Deadline, we provide personal account Managers who will make sure our service is accommodating your specific requirements.
Q: What different vehicle sizes do you offer?
A: We have bikes, small vans, short wheel base transits, long wheel base transits, luton tail-lifts, luton curtain siders and refrigerated transits. Click here for full details on sizes and what they are able to carry.
Q: What is the benefit of having an account with Deadline?
A: Firstly, we invoice all our account holders on a monthly basis, meaning you are provided with 30 days credit. All your details are saved on our system, meaning you will not have to provide full addresses and contact details for every job, making the booking process fluid and seamless. Discounts and offers are only available to account holders. Lastly, a personal account Manager who is available to deal with any queries and who will take the time to understand your individual business requirements. Click here to open an account
Q: What area does Deadline cover?
A: We are based in the South-East, with depots in London, Uxbridge, High Wycombe, Slough and Reading.
However, we can collect and deliver anywhere in the UK and Europe.
Q: What does Deadline do to reduce their carbon footprint?
A: We are a CarbonNeutral company, meaning we are dedicated to the principles of sustainability demonstrated though our CarbonNeutral registration. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and managing our growth responsibly. This reduction has been achieved with the use of solar panels and LED lighting at our depots and converting to 100% renewable energy. We continue to update our fleet with low emission Euro6 vans and hybrid cars and evaluate the development of fully EV vehicles for the future. We also use suppliers who are CarbonNeutral whenever possible.